in

Chinese state media says Huawei is testing a smartphone with its homegrown HongMeng operating system to rival Google’s Android OS

blank - Chinese state media says Huawei is testing a smartphone with its homegrown HongMeng operating system to rival Google’s Android OS

huawei logo

  • Chinese state media on Sunday stated that Huawei is testing a smartphone backed by its homegrown HongMeng working method and stated the gadget could go to marketplace by the finish of 2019.
  • Communist Get together of China-aligned tabloid Global Times stated the gadget would be priced at all-around $288, and stated HongMeng would be “an alternative to Google’s Android OS.”
  • The move comes as Huawei’s romance with the US stays tense just after the US Division of Commerce added Huawei to a trade blacklist in May well, which prevents the enterprise from shopping for critical elements and parts from American providers without the need of US government approval.
  • In response to the ban, Google reduce ties with the world’s 2nd-greatest smartphone maker and stated it would halt rolling out Android updates to Huawei gadgets.
  • Stop by Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra stories.

Chinese state media on Sunday stated that Huawei is testing a smartphone backed by its homegrown HongMeng working method and stated the gadget could go to marketplace by the finish of this yr.

The mobile phone would be priced at all-around $288 which would place it on par with gadgets priced on the decrease-finish of the smartphone marketplace, Communist Get together of China-aligned tabloid Global Times stated, citing unnamed sources.

The report additional that the HongMeng OS would be “an alternative to Google’s Android OS,” which the enterprise strategies to release at its yearly Developer Conference on August 9 in Dongguan, China. The enterprise has stated the HongMeng OS would also attribute on the brand’s Honor clever TVs and could quickly increase into other fields like autonomous driving, in accordance to the report.

The move comes as Huawei’s romance with the US stays tense just after the US Division of Commerce added Huawei to a trade blacklist in May well, which prevents the enterprise from shopping for critical elements and parts from American providers without the need of US government approval. The Trump administration previously raised considerations that Huawei technologies could pose a nationwide protection danger and may possibly be employed as a backdoor for Chinese government espionage.

In response to the ban, Google reduce ties with the world’s 2nd-greatest smartphone maker and stated it would halt rolling out Android updates to Huawei gadgets, and new Huawei phones will not have accessibility to solutions like Gmail and YouTube, along with other well-known third-celebration apps.

The move has forced Huawei to pace up the growth of its personal working method in buy to sustain its place as a leader in worldwide smartphone technologies, although the enterprise previously claimed it has been getting ready its personal “plan B” method for months just in situation.

Study extra: Huawei produced a ‘plan B’ working method for smartphones in situation it was banned by the US government from employing Google merchandise. Here is what we know about ‘Project Z’ so far.

Earlier this month, a enterprise executive advised Chinese information company Xinhua that the HongMeng OS would be employed for industrial use rather than customer smartphone use, although Sunday’s report seems to contradict that evaluation.

Although tensions stay in between Huawei and the US, the Trump administration has a short while ago loosened the restrictions positioned on the Chinese telecommunications giant.

Just after meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the G20 summit final month, President Trump stated that US companies can resume marketing products to Huawei.

“US companies can sell their equipment to Huawei … there’s no great, national emergency problem,” Trump advised reporters just after his meeting.

Earlier this month, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross announced an easing of laws towards the Chinese enterprise in line with Trump’s statements just after the G20 summit, indicating that the US would difficulty licenses to American providers on the lookout to promote to Huawei as prolonged as it does not pose a risk to nationwide protection, although the enterprise stays on the US trade blacklist.

President Trump also met with leaders from Google, Cisco, Intel, Qualcomm, Micron, Broadcom, and Western Digital Corporation — all best producers of US technologies products — final month to go over nationwide protection restrictions towards Huawei product sales.

Intel CEO Bob Swan advised CNBC final week that the enterprise had resumed marketing selected merchandise to Huawei “within the rules of the law” through the 2nd quarter, and that it was searching for permission to promote “general purpose computing” chips to the enterprise that he believes do not pose a nationwide protection danger.

SEE ALSO: Intel says it is been marketing tech to Huawei as the US eases up on the Chinese enterprise

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW View: View SpaceX’s ‘most hard launch ever’

Source link

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0

Comments

blank - The Coming Regime Of The ECB: Radical Centrism

The Coming Regime Of The ECB: Radical Centrism

blank - Flex says China jobs impacted after Huawei row

Flex says China jobs impacted after Huawei row