- Jeff Jennings, vice president of purchaser engineering at Google Cloud, is stepping down from his purpose following much less than two many years.
- Jennings joined VMware in 2000, when it was nonetheless just a startup — and rose to turn out to be a important executive in the increasing networking business enterprise. When Jennings joined Google, it stoked worries that other VMware executives could stick to.
- He joined Google Cloud when it was nonetheless currently being led by Diane Greene, who had previously cofounded VMware.
- The move comes shortly following Google Cloud modified how it would compensate its income personnel, underneath new CEO Thomas Kurian, who took the reins earlier this yr.
- Click right here for additional BI Prime stories.
A substantial-profile Google Cloud executive is stepping down from his purpose, Company Insider has realized.
Google workers have been informed earlier this week that Jeff Jennings, vice president of purchaser engineering at Google Cloud, was stepping down from the purpose to pursue new options, in accordance to men and women acquainted with the problem. It was not quickly clear if Jennings was leaving Google, or taking a distinctive purpose at the corporation. He was at Google Cloud for a yr and 7 months, in accordance to LinkedIn, commencing in early 2018.
Prior to his publish at Google Cloud, Jennings served in many executive positions at VMware, wherever he worked for 18 many years. He commenced at VMware in 2000, just two many years following the corporation was founded, and wound up as a important executive in its increasing networking business enterprise.
When Google initially employed Jennings, it stoked worries that additional VMware engineers could stick to, as Company Insider reported when he manufactured the move final yr.
At the time of his employing, he worked the moment once more underneath Diane Greene, the former Google Cloud CEO who had previously co-founded VMware. Nevertheless, earlier this yr, Greene officially departed Google, and was replaced as Google Cloud CEO by Thomas Kurian, formerly of Oracle.
Study additional: Google Cloud has modified how it pays its salespeople, ripping a webpage out of the Oracle playbook
Inside Google Cloud, purchaser engineers do the job with income, solution and engineering teams. They support the income teams resolve technical challenges for prospects and introduce the Google Cloud to prospects by explaining technical characteristics. They also support solution and engineering teams come up with solution enhancements.
Jennings’ purpose adjust comes shortly following Google Cloud modified how its salespeople would be compensated, aligning additional with Oracle and SAP to have a higher concentrate on commissions. This adjust was manufactured underneath Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian and Robert Enslin, its international purchaser operations president, as Company Insider previously reported.
Google did not comment on this story. We have reached out to Jennings and will update if we hear back.
Received a tip? Get hold of this reporter by means of electronic mail at [email protected], Telegram at @rosaliechan, or Twitter DM at @rosaliechan17. (PR pitches by electronic mail only, please.) Other forms of safe messaging offered on request. You can also get in touch with Company Insider securely by means of SecureDrop.
SEE ALSO: Gurus say VMware is striving to get closer to developers with the $four.eight billion it can be paying to obtain Pivotal and Carbon Black
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW Observe: Mexico has just 1 keep wherever you can legally purchase a gun and it can be found on a heavily-guarded military base